On July 29th 2019 DeepGreen started into an advanced test phase. The DeepGreen project aims at lowering the barriers for open access publishing by automatically delivering metadata and full text publications from participating publishers to authorized repositories at German universities.
This webpage serves to inform you about latest developments in the advanced test phase. Here you can find information about publishing partners that already support DeepGreen as well as information about all participating institutions.
Aims of the advanced test phase
In preparation for a later live operation, the advanced test phase aims at gaining experience with extensive data deliveries from publishers as well as handling different repository software (including OPUS4, DSpace, EPrints and MyCoRe). Furthermore, the amount of support that must be provided, will be tested in practice. Following the advanced test phase, a feedback session between repository operators and the project consortium is planned.
Th following publishers will support DeepGreen during the advanced test phase:
S. Karger AG
The publisher S. Karger has been a close cooperation partner of the DeepGreen consortium since 2016. S. Karger has more that 80 subscription-based and around 20 open access journals covering a wide spectrum in health sciences. DeepGreen will assign S. Karger articles to authorized institutions on the legal basis of German alliance and national licenses.
was founded by Sara Miller McCune in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE publishes more than 1,000 journals and over 600 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. Our growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. SAGE Publishing has been a close cooperation partner of DeepGreen since 2016.
MDPI is a scientific open access publisher that comprises 205 peer-reviewed journals of various disciplines. All articles are published under a CC-BY license and are freely available without embargo period. MDPI has been a partner of DeepGreen since 2017.
The open access publisher Frontiers comprises 61 journals of over 600 academic disciplines. All articles are peer-reviewed and published freely available under CC-BY license.
The academic publisher De Gruyter has more than 700 subscription-based and open access journals comprising 29 disciplines. Articles provided by De Gruyter will be assigned to institutions with German alliance and national licenses.
There is promising communication with other publishers.
The following 50 institutions will participate in the advanced test phase:
- Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
- Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- Clausthal University of Technology
- FernUniversität in Hagen
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Giessen University
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
- Heidelberg University
- Helmut Schmidt University
- Hertie School of Governance
- HTWG Konstanz – University of Applied Sciences
- HTW Berlin
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Kiel University
- Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache (IDS)
- Leipzig University
- Osnabrück University
- Pädagogische Hochschule Freiburg
- Robert Koch Institute
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Saxon State and University Library Dresden
- Technische Hochschule Köln
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Technische Universität Braunschweig
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau
- Technical University of Munich
- Thüringer Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Jena
- TU Dortmund University
- Ulm University
- Universität Regensburg
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover
- University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
- University of Augsburg
- University of Bamberg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University of Freiburg
- University of Göttingen
- University of Greifswald
- University of Hildesheim
- University of Konstanz
- University of Passau
- University of Stuttgart
- University of Tübingen
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: