On July 29th 2019 DeepGreen started into an advanced test phase. The DeepGreen project aims at lowering the barriers for open access publishing by automatically delivering metadata and full text publications from participating publishers to authorized repositories at German universities.
This webpage serves to inform you about latest developments in the advanced test phase. Here you can find information about publishing partners that already support DeepGreen as well as information about all participating institutions.
Aims of the advanced test phase
In preparation for a later live operation, the advanced test phase aims at gaining experience with extensive data deliveries from publishers as well as handling different repository software (including OPUS4, DSpace, EPrints and MyCoRe). Furthermore, the amount of support that must be provided, will be tested in practice. Following the advanced test phase, a feedback session between repository operators and the project consortium is planned.
Th following publishers will support DeepGreen during the advanced test phase:
S. Karger AG
The publisher S. Karger has been a close cooperation partner of the DeepGreen consortium since 2016. S. Karger has more that 80 subscription-based and around 20 open access journals covering a wide spectrum in health sciences. DeepGreen will assign S. Karger articles to authorized institutions on the legal basis of German alliance and national licenses.
was founded by Sara Miller McCune in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE publishes more than 1,000 journals and over 600 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. Our growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. SAGE Publishing has been a close cooperation partner of DeepGreen since 2016.
MDPI is a scientific open access publisher that comprises 205 peer-reviewed journals of various disciplines. All articles are published under a CC-BY license and are freely available without embargo period. MDPI has been a partner of DeepGreen since 2017.
The open access publisher Frontiers comprises 61 journals of over 600 academic disciplines. All articles are peer-reviewed and published freely available under CC-BY license.
The academic publisher De Gruyter has more than 700 subscription-based and open access journals comprising 29 disciplines. Articles provided by De Gruyter will be assigned to institutions with German alliance and national licenses.
Future Medicine is an imprint of Future Science Group and specialises in clinical and translational medicine and the biosciences. Future Medicine started cooperating with DeepGreen in 2020 and is delivering content from the licensing agreement with the German specialised information service Pharmacy (FID). DeepGreen is distributing articles from pharmaceutical journals from 2015 to 2021.
Wiley drives the world forward with research and education. For more than 200 years the company has helped students, researchers, universities, and corporations to achieve their goals in an ever-changing world. Wiley and DeepGreen cooperate in delivering the contents of the Wiley/Projekt DEAL agreement. Signed in 2019 and initiated by the Alliance of German Science Organisations, the DEAL agreement with Wiley has been the first nationwide open access deal in Germany. Via DeepGreen, participating institutions can obtain all hybrid and gold Open Access publications published under the agreement.
The Hogrefe Publishing Group is regarded as a leading European scientific publisher in psychology, psychotherapy and psychiatry. Publications in the health sciences and care complement the program. The cooperation with DeepGreen covers open access articles from around 40 journals, including open access journals.
There is promising communication with other publishers.
The following 62 institutions participate in the advanced test phase:
- Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Bielefeld University
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
- Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- Clausthal University of Technology
- FernUniversität in Hagen
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Giessen University
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- Göttingen State and University Library
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
- Heidelberg University
- Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
- Helmholtz Zentrum München, GmbH
- Helmut Schmidt University
- Hertie School of Governance
- HTWG Konstanz – University of Applied Sciences
- HTW Berlin
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Kiel University
- Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache (IDS)
- Leibniz University Hannover
- Leipzig University
- Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
- Osnabrück University
- Pädagogische Hochschule Freiburg
- Reutlingen University
- Robert Koch Institute
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Saxon State and University Library Dresden
- Technische Hochschule Köln
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Technische Universität Braunschweig
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau
- Technical University of Munich
- Thüringer Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Jena
- TU Kaiserslautern
- Ulm University
- Universität Regensburg
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover
- University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
- University of Augsburg
- University of Bamberg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University of Freiburg
- University of Göttingen
- University of Greifswald
- University of Hildesheim
- University of Konstanz
- University of Passau
- University of Potsdam
- University of Stuttgart
- University of Tübingen
- University of Veterinary Medicine Hanover
- ZB Med Information Centre for Life Sciences
- ZBW Leibniz Information Centre for Economics
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: